How to add album art to an mp3? Changing from CDs to digital formats such as MP3s has fundamentally changed the way we listen to music. However, one thing remains the same. As with CDs, we organize our music by albums, which always have an album cover.
This cover is associated with the album. We, as consumers, tend to recognize the album covers and feel more attached to the album if the cover art appeals to us. Occasionally, however, MP3s do not have images attached to them. The good news is that you can change this, and this article will show you how.
How to Add Album Art to an MP3 in Windows 10
When the shift from physical to digital albums happened, Windows Media Player was the most popular platform among Windows users to play MP3. The program is still available and works just as well on Windows 10. In addition to giving you a nostalgic feeling, you can also add album art to an MP3 easily.
- Find the MP3 you want to add a cover to and right-tap on it.
- A list of options will appear. Select “Open with.”
- Select “Windows Media Player.”
- When the music starts playing, the MP3 is added to the Windows Media Player library.
- Find the photo you want to add and right-tap on it.
- Right-click on the photo and select “Copy.”
- Open Windows Media Player again.
- Click on “Music” on the left side menu.
- Right-tap the MP3 file you added to the library previously.
- Select “Paste Album Art.”
How to Add Album Art to an MP3 on a Mac
Windows users listened to digital music through Windows Media Player, whereas Mac users used iTunes. With a few simple steps, you can change the artwork of one or more songs.
- Open iTunes.
- Click on “Songs” on the left side.
- Select one or more songs.
- Navigate to “Info” then “Artwork.”
- Click on “Add Artwork.”
- Select an image and click “Open.”
The last two steps can be skipped by simply dragging the image to the artwork area.
How to Add Album Art to an MP3 in Windows 7
In Windows 7, you can add album art the same way you do in Windows 10 – by using Windows Media Player. The steps are:
- Right-tap on the image, you’d like to add.
- Click on “Copy.”
- Open Windows Media Player
- Find the album or song you want to edit and right-tap on it
- Select “Paste Album Art”
How to Add Album Art to MP3 on an Android Device
We also fundamentally changed the way we listen to music when we switched from CDs to MP3s. You can listen to music anywhere, on any device. And since that time, we’ve started listening to music on our phones while walking, running, and commuting.
How do you add an album cover to an MP3 file played on an Android phone?
First, you’ll need to download a free app called Album Art Grabber from the Google Play store. It lets you add art covers automatically or manually.
- Open the Album Art Grabber.
- Import the MP3.
- Tap on the song.
- A “Choose Image From” menu will appear. Select the import source for the image.
- Select the image of your choice.
How to Add Album Art to an MP3 on an iPhone
On an iPhone, adding Album Art to an MP3 isn’t as quick as it is on an Android device. In order to make any changes, you must launch the iTunes app on your Mac or PC. To do so:
- Open iTunes from your desktop.
- Click on the top-left menu.
- Tap on “Music.” And then “Library.”
- Right-click on an album or song.
- Select “Album info.”
- Press on “Edit” then “Artwork.”
- Choose the “Add Artwork” option.
- Select the image you want and choose “Open,” and then “OK.”
- Now connect your iPhone via USB and tap the device icon in the top left corner of the app.
- Go to “Settings” and then “Music.”
- Select “Sync Music” and “Entire Music Library.”
- Click on “Apply” on the bottom right.
How to Add Album Art to MP3 Without Windows Media Player
Additionally to Windows Media Player, there are a few other options for adding album art. Windows 10 comes with Groove Music by default, which is a music player. Here’s how to add an album cover:
- Open Groove Music.
- Right-click on the song to open a list of options.
- Select “Show Album.”
- Select the three dots in the bottom right corner.
- Select “Edit info.”
- Click on the pen icon.
- Choose the image you want.
- Click “Save.”
Another way to add album art is to use the VLC Media Player. It is free to download and is one of the most popular media players for Windows, Mac, and Linux. The steps are the following:
- Open VLC Media Player.
- Import the MP3 files.
- Click on “Tools” in the top left corner.
- Select “Media information.”
- If there is a cover, it will be visible in the bottom right; right-click on it.
- Select “Add Cover Art from the file.”
- Choose the photo you want.
- Click on “Close.”
How to Add Album Art to MP3 Mac Without iTunes
Using the VLC Media Player, you can also add album art to Windows PCs. Follow the same steps as for Windows PCs.
For VLC Media Player:
- Open VLC Media Player and import the MP3 files.
- Click on “Tools” in the top left corner and select “Media information” from the menu.
- If there is a cover, it will be visible in the bottom right. Right-click on the art.
- Select “Add Cover Art from the file.”
- Choose the photo you want and press “Close” to save the changes.
For the GetAlbumArt online tool:
- Go to https://getalbumart.net/.
- Drag and drop or browse for the MP3 you want to upload.
- Upload the photo.
- You will be redirected to a download page. Select the “Download” option.
Ending on a High Note
Adding album arts to MP3 files is possible on both Windows and Mac and both Androids and iPhones. Not only that, but it is possible to do it in a couple of different but still relatively simple ways. Keep in mind that steps may vary depending on the Android phone, but the basic steps remain the same. Now you can let your creativity flow!
What is your favorite way to play an MP3 file? Have you stopped using them? Which way to change an album cover do you prefer? What is your favorite album cover? Let us know in the comment section below!